Brian & Monica Mortensen

Friday, February 28, 2014

New home. New Dreams.

It's official.. We're moving! We will be in our new house by next month. This is a bittersweet move for me. I love the new house, it is gorgeous inside... but I will miss the neighborhood we're in right now. We were in Shamrock for 3 wonderful years and made so many friends. I will miss walking Sofia to school, because in the new house I have to drive her to whatever school she goes to. I will also miss how close I am to stores- I'm wont be far in the new house, but after living in Gilbert for 5 years moving "out" to Queen Creek is a big deal. The Gilbert Temple is 7 minutes away from our Gilbert house, in the new house we will be 16 minutes away, which is not bad, but I loved the thought of living 3 miles from the Temple. Like Brian said, "we're not in San Tan Valley, so it's not a big deal." And it really isn't a big deal, especially when we're getting a gorgeous, one-story house.

Anyways...  We walked through the house yesterday with our parents and they loved the house. They're happy for us! I think they're excited to have us closer. My parents will be less than 1.5 miles away. Brian's parents are will be just under 2 miles away. In Shamrock we were the only ones with a Gilbert address and now everyone in the family will have a Queen Creek address. We were also the only ones in the family living in a two-story house and now we will all have a single level home. Which I'm so excited for! This pregnancy made me hate stairs. I don't ever want to live in a two-story house ever again!

The first time I walked through this house I fell in love with it. I loved the floor plan and the kitchen. Brian loved the size of the backyard. He grew up on an acre so we were looking for more "land." To me, having more land just means having more work, but Brian is so excited to have a bigger backyard. And even though the house is not on an acre, the backyard is pretty big for him to have trees, a playhouse for the kids, a pool, and a garden. He's also very happy to have a 3rd car garage because he can finally have a little workshop and space to keep all his tools. Which means he gets to build things for us!

I'm happy for our new house. I think I will love it more in May when we get to bring R.M. home. That's what I'm more excited for, the idea of having 3 kids and watching them grow in beautiful house. I'm excited to make new memories with my husband and my kids.
 


3 comments: