Brian & Monica Mortensen

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

She learned a valuable lesson.


It all started April 15th. We had been in our new house for one day, when suddenly, Sofia gets sick. At first we thought she was homesick because she had mentioned she missed her old house and didn't like her new house. Well days went by and Sofia kept throwing up. Every night she would wake up and she would throw up, A LOT! I took her to her pediatrician April 19th, and he said she had the stomach flu and to keep her on a diet. So I did. Days went by and Sofia seemed to get worse. My mom kept telling me to take her to the hospital, but I thought it was the stomach flu and that it was going to go away on its own. She stopped throwing up for 2 days and on Friday April 22nd when I went to my mom's house to pick up Sofia, I noticed Sofia's tummy was swollen and very hard. I was scared. It wasn't normal. My mom, Sofia, and I went to CHW Urgent Care Center. After X-Rays, the doctor comes into the room with a very serious face and says "Can you come with me, I need to show you the X-Rays." I was scared. Very scared. The doctor says "See that round thing in her stomach? We think it's a rubber band, or a hair tie." Apparently Sofia had swallowed a rubber band/hair tie and that had been making her sick for two weeks!!! (Brian and I couldn't believe it) The rubber band/hair tie caused an infection, but don't worry she was given antibiotics. She finally stopped throwing up and she is now eating food. After loosing almost 6 pounds and spending 3 hours in urgent care, Sofia learned a very valuable lesson. She will never eat rubber bands again.

No comments:

Post a Comment