Brian & Monica Mortensen

Friday, March 16, 2012

Huntington Beach- Spring Break 2012


About a year ago I told Brian I didn't want to add on to our family not until we take Sofia to the beach. Took a pregnancy test back in October and I told Brian "ohh it looks like we need to take Sofia to the beach before June." Well, we did. And Sofia LOVED THE BEACH. She's an Arizona girl but my second home is the beach. I grew up by it, went to it every single weekend- before I moved to AZ. Of course Sofia was going to love the beach.

We left to California last Friday. And we were at the beach all day Saturday, literally all day. We parked less than 1/4 of a mile from the beach. When we got out of the car Sofia was only wearing her swimsuit, her sandals, and her sunglasses. A group of girls said "what a sassy little girl!" and "she's a little diva!" Really? They know Sofia just by seeing her for a few seconds? So we walked down to the beach and Sofia started yelling "I can see it momma! I can see the beach!!" When we got closer to the sand Sofia started running towards the water, my sister was with her. Then Sofia said things like "I can't believe I'm at the beach." She was really excited. Really really excited. The boys put our shade up, Jessica and Sofia went exploring, and I sat down haha I felt like the "fat" girl at the beach. It was 84 degrees outside but the water was freezing. So we knew we weren't going to do any swimming. However, Sofia had a different idea.
Sofia and Jessica started collecting seashells. But Sofia wanted to get in the water so bad.
Then I called her to me, I wanted to get some pictures of her because it was her first time at the beach. Sofia had some interesting poses for me.

We all started writing our names on the sand, Sofia wasn't going to be left out. She started writing her name, she's getting pretty good at it.
Cute huh?
Sofia and Uncle Mike.
Oh, this is our first family picture by the beach. We will have to go back once the baby is a little older.
Me and my handsome husband. Oh and my 6 month belly.
Sofia started getting more and more comfortable with the beach. She touched the water and realized how cold it was.
She wanted to get in.

I didn't get a picture of it because it happened really fast.. Jessica was taking a picture of me and Brian and from the corner of my eye I see Sofia diving into the waves. She dove in head first. Sofia is unpredictable and unstoppable and fearless. Brian went in after her. His shorts did get wet, so that should give you an idea to how deep she went. When Brian pulled her out Sofia was "still swimming." It was funny. We were all laughing. She was cold, but she wanted to go jump in again. It was her first time at the beach, what can we expect? Of course she was going to go in, we just didn't think she was going to dive in haha Sofia kept saying she was going to be fine, that she was a good swimmer {not gonna lie, she is a good swimmer. Last summer she was 3 and she literally taught herself how to swim} but we were at the beach. We explained to her how a wave can pull her all the way back.
Sofia and Miguel started building a sand castle.
Then Brian and Jessica joined them.
They did a pretty good job.

Me and my love.
My sweet little fearless girl.

Then the sunset came. It got really cold. We just relaxed and enjoyed nature and the beauty it brings. It was very relaxing. Brian had his guitar and played some Camila songs. Our day at the beach was perfect. Sofia will never forget this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment