Brian & Monica Mortensen

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Safe and Sound

So this is the story of how Sofia almost got hit by a car.

I left my house to pick up Sofia from school. When I got there she was playing with some girls and took extra time saying goodbye to them. Then we started walking home. We usually hold hands, but today she was holding her lunchbox in one hand and her water bottle in the other hand. I should of put them in her backpack, but I didn't. We're about 5 houses down from our house when we see a car that's about to back up from their driveway. I was going to let the car go first, but the lady gave me the right a way. So as we walk pass the driveway Sofia dropped her water bottle in front of the car backing up (I didn't notice this). This part happened so fast, the car is backing up and Sofia is reaching for her water bottle. Luckily I noticed from the corner of my eye that Sofia stepped back to reach for her bottle.With one hand I QUICKLY pull Sofia from the collar of her shirt, with the other hand I'm waving at the lady to stop. I yelled "STOP!! STOP!! STOP!!" The bumper of the lady's suv was inches away from Sofia's head. There was no way the lady would of seen Sofia because Sofia was bending down to reach for her water bottle. The lady got so scared. I got so scared. Sofia started to cry because I must of hurt her when I pulled her back. The rest of the walk home was a blur. I could not stop shaking. I was so scared. I called my mom and told her what had happened and she came right away to help me take care of the girls. I mean, I was pretty useless for 2 hours because I was in shock. I am so blessed I was able to bring both girls home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment