Brian & Monica Mortensen

Monday, September 23, 2013

Crazy trip to California.

I like to plan my weekends in advance because I like having things to do. Saturday when I woke up I knew my in-laws were coming back to their house. So the plan was to get the house clean, and take the girls out to lunch, and probably take them Halloween shopping. A simple phone call changed it all. My dad called me and asked if we could go to California to pick up my brother Angel. We left our house at 7pm on Saturday and got to Moreno Valley a little pass midnight. Brian drove most of the way. When we got to the hotel Hazel was up with tons of energy, she didn't go to sleep until 3 am. Sunday morning we left the hotel and drove to Inglewood to meet up with Angel. He had packed his "life" in 3 small bags, said goodbye to the family he had there and started his new life. On the drive back we decided to stop at the beach. So we headed to Huntington Beach for a few hours. The girls played and we all had a great time.






We had lunch at Ruby's right on the pier. That was fun, because we sat upstairs and had the most beautiful view {sorry, I have no picture to prove it}








This was Hazel's first time at the beach. She loved everything about it. The water was freezing cold, but she didn't care or complained, she wanted to chase every wave.



This weekend was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment