Brian & Monica Mortensen

Thursday, February 16, 2012

My talkative 4 year old.

Here are some funny conversations I've had with Sofia...

Sofia: I have nothing going on tomorrow. We should go hang out at the mall.
Me: I don't have money to go to the mall.
Sofia: Well (long pause) I have money, you don't have to buy anything, just watch me do all the shopping.

Sofia: Congratulations!
Me: For what?
Sofia: For having a baby in your tummy.

Me: Sofia we should practice writing on your white board.
Sofia: Let me think about it... no! {seriously, where did she get all her attitude}

Sofia: I want us to name the baby Jennifer {Sofia says Jennifoh}
Brian: Oh just like my sister Jennifer.
Sofia: You have a sister named Jennifoh?
Brian: Yes. Aunt Jenny's real name is Jennifer, but she likes being called Jenny. Where did you hear the name Jennifer?
Sofia: Ohh I made it up myself.

My favorite conversation was the one she had with Brian on Valentines Day. Brian sent me gorgeous flowers and "forgot" about getting Sofia some flowers. Sofia broke into tears for not receiving flowers. They had this conversation on the phone.

Sofia: {crying} Hi dad.
Brian: Hi Sofia. What's wrong?
Sofia: I'm really sad because you didn't send me flowers. You forgot about me on Valentines Day. I thought I was your little sweetie.
Brian: I'm going to give you your flowers in person.
Sofia: No! I wanted mine to come in the mail just like mommy's. {Then Sofia started crying more, ran upstairs and cried. Cried a lot}

Oh Sofia, you make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment