Brian & Monica Mortensen

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Laundry Room.


It was April 2011 when we moved in to our new house. Brian and I bought all new appliances. I really wanted a washer and dryer like the ones my mother in law has.. Well getting a new house and buying new appliances at once was one big expense. Getting the washer and dryer I wanted was going to have to wait. Brian still bought me a really nice washer and dryer. He also promised he would make a pedestal for the washer and dryer. I think he forgot about his promise for about 8 months or so. I sent him an email of the pedestal I wanted for my washer and dryer. That same week he went and bought all the stuff for the stand. Then The Holidays came and we were crazy busy. One weekend Brian called my brother and together they started building the washer and dryer pedestal. This is what the washer and dryer looked like before the pedestal.

The boys worked so hard. I think it took them 16 hours to finish the pedestal, including the time the the stain and gloss took to dry.

Yesterday at 6 pm my pedestal was done. It looks GREAT! Brian and Miguel did an excellent job. Those boys are jut good at everything they do.

I do my laundry on Mondays. Tomorrow will my first time using the washer and dryer with my brand new pedestal. I am not done decorating my laundry room, there are some pinterest crafts I am wanting to make. I am also putting vinyl on the pedestal, one side will say darks and the the other will say whites.

Thank you Miguel and Brian! You guys did an AMAZING job!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I would have never thought of putting that under the washer and dryer. Pinterest is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes it so much easier having the pedestal. I think I'm going to love doing laundry now haha
    And yes, Pinterest is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete