Brian & Monica Mortensen

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dowewita is getting pampered.

Sofia loves going to my mom's house and Hazel is following those same footsteps. Sofia loves my mom because she is a fun grandma. When Sofia was learning to talk, my mom said she didn't want to be called grandma/abuela because that made her feel old. (my mom is not old at all) So Brian and I tried teaching Sofia to say "abuelita." And she did learn, she would say "dowewita." And now my mom is better known as "dowewita." I can write so many stories about my mom and Sofia.... Sofia loves doing hair and make up, so I will write those stories.

When Sofia was 3, she was OBSESSED with The Little Mermaid. We watched that movie every day. Sofia had every song memorized. Brian bought her a Little Mermaid swim suit and Sofia would wear it to the park, the mall, story time, grandma's house.. Sofia was so obsessed with The Little Mermaid she began to feel sad when she realized she didn't have red hair like Ariel... One day I dropped off Sofia at my mom's house. They were watching TV together when my mom fell asleep on the couch. (don't worry, they were not home alone, my dad was home too. probably asleep too!) Sofia was doing my mom's hair and remembered there was a red sharpie somewhere around the house. She found the red sharpie and started "coloring" my mom's hair and head. So my mom wakes up from her nap and goes to the bathroom and when she turned the light on and saw her head was painted red she said she freaked out! She thought she was bleeding from her head, hahahaha. Then Sofia came to her and said "Dowewita! You look like Ariel!! You have red hair!" Oh we still laugh about this. My mom now hides sharpies whenever Sofia goes to her house.

Now the make up story.. Sofia has a bag of make up at my mom's house and asked my mom if she could do her make up. My mom laid on the couch and Sofia began her work. My mom can be very forgetful of things and forgot she had make up done by a 4 year old. She began making dinner, doing laundry, and cleaning around her house. Totally forgot she had red lipstick all around her mouth, bright purple eyeshadow and hot pink blush. My mom's neighbor came later that day to invite her to a party and when my mom opened the door she said her neighbor just stared at her giving her a weird look. After her neighbor left my mom kept doing housework and went to clean her bathroom. When she saw herself in the mirror she just laughed. Now wonder her neighbor looked at her weird, my mother looked like a clown...

Last week I took these pictures of Sofia doing my mom's nails. I guess my mom just likes the randomness beauty Sofia brings to her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment