Brian & Monica Mortensen

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Our first piano.

We finally own a piano! A family in our ward is moving to Texas and they were selling this awesome piano. I told Brian about it and we went to go look at it- we liked the piano, we just didn't like the way it looked. The price they gave us on the piano was very good we just had to buy it {This piano might turn out to be an investment}. Two weeks before buying the piano Brian told me that for Christmas this year we were going to get a piano, so I guess Christmas came early this year lol. This piano might not be the best one out there, but we want it for our kids to learn how to play the piano- that's the main reason we bought it. We gave our piano some tlc, painted it vintage white and gave it a distressed look. I've always wanted a vintage looking piano and now I have one! Sofia and Hazel are so happy to have a piano in their house. My mother in law taught Sofia how to play the first notes of "I am a child of God," and Sofia practices that tune every day. Every single day. She even makes up her own music and says it's a Taylor Swift song and sings along to it. Hazel will step on her tippy toes just to reach for the keyboard and "play" songs just like her sister. When she's done playing the piano she looks for her audience and starts to clap. I can just imagine our future family home evenings with my girls playing church hymns... yes, this piano was an investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment