Brian & Monica Mortensen

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Finish Strong 5K 2013

I ran my first 5K this morning and I did awesome. I didn't get the best time but I did finish and ran the whole time. I was feeling so good when I was passing people and that is because I didn't even train for this haha. The first 2 miles were my best and towards the end I saw some of my young women who started before me and were walking towards the finish line. So I tried to encourage them and told them to run with me. Some did, and some just wanted to be at their own pace. The last half mile I just gave it all I had and I finished strong. This 5K was to support a family in my stake and I felt so good being part of this.

Here's me before and after the run. I got so many compliments on my top, yeah I like to workout in style.

Sofia was with me and she wanted to show me how strong she was- she's pretty strong for a little 5 year old girl. She said she wants to run with me next year.

Here's Sofia riding horses. She would love to own a horse someday!

Sofia loves getting her face painted.

Oh, and lets not forget the awesome superheros.
Hope you run Finish Strong next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment