Brian & Monica Mortensen

Monday, July 1, 2013

American

Last Friday {June 28th} I was sworn in as an American Citizen!
This 4th of July will have more meaning for me because I finally get to celebrate it as an American.
 I'm so glad I was awarded citizenship, it was a long journey but worth every second.
I was chosen to speak at the ceremony about the American Dream!! Yes, an impromptu speech. There were four of us who spoke to the crowd, and I was the only one from Mexico who was chosen. (I'm so glad I took a public speaking class in college, it really did help me). I don't remember exactly what I said, but my message was that being awarded citizenship wasn't the end of our journey, it was the beginning to a new life. I told the people there to keep searching for what they want because this is the country of opportunities and where all the dreams come true. After the ceremony was over many people, including the judge congratulated me and said they liked my speech. I felt so special.


 My in-laws organized a party in my honor to celebrate my award. I felt so loved :) I also ate ribs. I've never had ribs in life and I ate some on Saturday and I liked them. I'm assuming this comes with being American.

 And to Brian- my biggest supporter ever- I love you! THANK YOU for all that you've done for me. I am the luckiest and most loved girl in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment