Brian & Monica Mortensen

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

man + woman = marriage


So I posted this picture on Facebook yesterday and I had a few people getting "offended" ... I don't know why they got offended for the way I think marriage should be. A teacher from high school sent me a private message and told me to think about what I'm posting because I can't control love. Does that picture control love? All I did was post a picture, never did I say gay people can't love each other or that they can't be together. All I did was post a picture of a man and a woman because that's what I THINK marriage should be. Is that bullying? No, it's my opinion!! Did I point any fingers or call out gay people telling them I think they're wrong? NO! I didn't. I don't see why people would freak out and attack me, I'm not attacking them, I'm just saying what I think. Am I being disrespectful? I don't think so. I was also told I'm pushing my religion on people and that I don't support same sex marriage because I'm Mormon. WHOA!! Calm down everyone. I don't support it and I'm not against it either. I respect your life and your choices, you respect mine. And I honestly don't care if people don't like what I post, it's my Facebook and it's my opinion, and it's my life. And I know gay people are fighting for equal rights and I'm glad they are. Love is love. My opinion is my opinion and if you don't like it OH WELL! I like my opinion and that's that. I just want people to understand that I don't care if they support gay marriage or if gay marriage is legal because that will NEVER ever ever change the way I think marriage should be. Once again, this does not mean I think gay people shouldn't be together or love each other. ARE WE CLEAR??? And I have gay friends and I respect them for fighting for their rights, I really do and I want them to find their happiness.. but to me, marriage is between a man and a woman and I want them to respect what I believe. The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment