Brian & Monica Mortensen

Friday, March 15, 2013

Star Student Sofia

 Sofia was Star Student the week before spring break started. She LOVED being start student, she loved bringing Freedom Bear home, but what she loved the most was all the attention. On Friday, March 1st, Sofia came home with Freedom Bear and a folder saying what was going to happen all week {estimation jar, all about me poster, favorite toy}. There was also a journal for Sofia had to write her Freedom Bear adventures. That Friday we bought our highlander, so just imagine all the fun things Sofia wrote on the journal.

We told our families that Sofia was start student and invited them to have lunch with Sofia that week.
Monday- nobody had lunch with Sofia, and she was ok with it because she got to eat school lunch. I don't know why, but this lovely girl loves school lunch.
Tuesday- my mom and I had lunch with Sofia.
Wednesday- my sister in law Katie and her kids had lunch with Sofia and I heard all about it when Sofia came home. She was so happy Aunt Kiki went to have lunch with her. She loves Brayden (they're pretty much best friends) and Sofia kept saying "I can't believe Brayden went to my school!!"
Thursday- Nana had lunch with Sofia! Not only that, but she spent some recess time with her too!! Sofia was just amazed and Brian and I felt extremely thankful to mom.
All I can say is Thank You for making Sofia feel so special!





 Sofia had to take a poster about herself- it's a cute poster and it is now hanging in her room.

Freedom Bear had so much fun with Sofia. She had a hard time saying good-bye. Monday we took him to dance/tumbling class. Tuesday and Wednesday we took him to the park. Thursday we all went to Coldstone and Friday he had to go back to Mrs. Downs...

Now we'll wait and see when she gets to be Star Student in 1st grade... Sofia just loves being Star Student.

No comments:

Post a Comment