Brian & Monica Mortensen

Monday, April 8, 2013

Miguel was Called to Serve

In October 2012, President Monson announced the missionary age changed.

"I am pleased to announce that effective immediately, all worthy and able young men who have graduated from high school or its equivalent, regardless of where they live, will have the option of being recommended for missionary service beginning at the age of 18, instead of age 19. . . .
As we have prayerfully pondered the age at which young men may begin their missionary service, we have also given consideration to the age at which a young woman might serve. Today I am pleased to announce that able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at age 19, instead of age 21."

When I heard this, the first person that came to my mind was my brother. Miguel will be the first missionary on both sides of my family and I am so proud of him. He has grown so much and he is ready to serve and teach people about Jesus and his atonement. I remember texting him right after President Monson announced the mission changed and said "Miguel you turn 18 in May." and he said "and I'm going on a mission" Today my brother received a mission call to CHICAGO ILLINOIS. He's going to preach the gospel in Spanish and he reports to the Provo MTC on June 12th {just 2 days after Hazel's first birthday} I took a few minutes to thank my Heavenly Father for this blessing and thought of all the missionaries worldwide...  I am so excited for my brother. I know he will be an awesome missionary!






No comments:

Post a Comment