Brian & Monica Mortensen

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sofia selling oj & donuts.


One of her life dreams came true today. She had been wanting for the longest time to have a lemonade stand. Unfortunately, I have been busy with school that I had been putting Sofia's lemonade stand on hold. Well on Tuesday I saw a sign in my neighborhood that said "community yard sale this Saturday," so I went home and cleaned out my closets.. Not only that but I asked Sofia if she was ready to have her lemonade stand. {I figured that with the community yard sale she would get more customers.} In the happiest voice ever she said "Yes!" Friday came and I had nothing done for Sofia's lemonade stand. Nothing! No cute signs, no cute cups, absolutely nothing. Friday afternoon I felt like I was letting Sofia down. I had so much homework and I was able to finish but I was tired to make "cute" things for the lemonade stand. Luckily Brian came to the rescue and took Sofia to Fry's so she could pick out donuts and juice to sell at her "stand." She was so happy. She didn't care her stand wasn't cute, or that she wasn't selling cookies or lemonade like she had planned. She was happy simply because she's a good girl and her dream was coming true. Saturday morning she woke up ready to sell her donuts and juice. My sweet Sofia made $15, $3 of them being tips.

I'm so thankful for my husband who's there to finish things when I can't. If it wasn't for him Sofia wouldn't of had her sale. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

And I will always appreciate the people who came and bought donuts and oj from Sofia. They made her happier than what she already is!

No comments:

Post a Comment