Brian & Monica Mortensen

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Patiently waiting for summer.

There are 4 weeks left of school. And we already know that there will be a lot going on this summer. The other night for FHE we made a list of the things we wanted to do this summer. We only wrote "realistic" things. Sofia really wanted me to write down Paris because she's never been to Paris and her life dream is to go to Paris. {She has a lot of life dreams! Dream on girl, the world is yours, make your dreams come true} Yes my 5 year old is very unique, always coming up with silly ideas. I told her if she learns French I would take her to Paris someday and she said to me "I already know French, bonjour!!"

Here is a list of the things we will be doing:
  • Sofia's dance recital
  • Miguel's farewell {he's going on a mission!}
  • Hazel's first birthday party
  • BBQ
  • Sleeping in
  • Fireworks
  • Buying food {Sofia said it was important to buy food over summer even if she's not going to school}
  • Summer Movie Fun- Tuesdays at San Tan Mall
  • Swimming, lots of swimming. We will try to go to Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center as much as we can. It's so close to our house and the entrance fee is practically free!
  • Smores
  • Cabin- my in laws have a cabin and Sofia is in love with it. She thinks it's OUR cabin- someone really needs a reality check.
  • Picnics
Now here's the list of what we're hoping happens this summer:
  • The beach
  • Legoland
  • The lake
Sofia and I have been putting money in our summer envelope and I think we just have enough to go on a nice family get away. Arizona gets way too hot during the summer I know my girls and my handsome man will want to go to the beach... We really don't know where we'll go this summer, maybe San Diego..  Maybe? We have 4 more weeks to save up and really plan where we'll go this summer. But we are really thinking San Diego, so if you've been there or you're familiar with the are please give us some ideas. Thanks!

Oh, and I want to know what are YOU doing this summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment