Brian & Monica Mortensen

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Random & Unforgettable

Today will be one of those days I like to tell stories about. And it all started 3 weeks ago. Yes, 3 weeks ago because for the past 3 weeks I've been wanting to go to lunch with The Boss {Brian}. However, I couldn't  because I had signed up to volunteer in Sofia's class. So finally this Thursday I was completely free, so I got ready and went up to the office to go out to lunch with my handsome husband. The timing was perfect and everything. I got there right at 11. Brian and I walked around the new building, talked with his dad for a little bit, and then we headed off to lunch. We went to Rubios. Not my favorite place, but by this time it was already 11:30 and Brian had to be back at work. It's not like I don't like Rubios, I just wanted to go to Olive Garden. Anyways... Hazel cried on our way to Rubios from the office, it's only a 10 minute drive. When we got to Rubios I told Brian to just order for me because I was going to take care of Hazel. I put her car seat on a table and got her out. She stopped crying and started laughing. Big time laughing. Have you heard a 2 month old laughing? It is the cutest thing EVER! I'm just sitting with Hazel when a sweet lady comes our way and says to me "Your adorable baby just made my day. I love her laughs and her smiles." I think Hazel knew what the lady said because she smiled even more. Then the lady pulled out a gift card from her pocket and said "I don't usually do this, but when people make me happy I give them a card." I took the card and said thank you. Then she asked "What's your baby's name?" I said Hazel. Then she said "Thank you for sharing your baby." And then she walked away. Brian came with our drinks and I told him what had happened. Brian said that was nice but random. I know it was random, but it is also unforgettable. That sweet lady has no clue how she made me feel. I've had a smile on my face since this happened. It was a total RAOK (Random Act of Kindness). She has inspired me and now I want to do the same to someone else. It's crazy how a simple smile can change your day. And maybe if I would of gone to lunch with Brian 3 weeks earlier this wouldn't of happened. This lady would of never come my way and I wouldn't feel as inspired as I am today. And hopefully in the future when I tell Hazel this story she will feel inspired to do a RAOK and change someone's day just like that lady changed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment